Attack animations in FPP Melee Animset are played with moderate speed by deafult. This is because, if you want to speed up the animation, you will loose nothing from it’s original keying.
If you want to achieve much powerful looking attacks, you can do couple of things in your game engine:
– speed up the attack animations (x 1.5 for example)
– add procedural camera shake while swinging the weapon, and especially while hitting targets
– add powerful sound effects
– add particles in the moment of hitting the target – blood, sparks, dust, pieces of armour flying…
– use powerful hit reactions on the enemies and other targets – ragdolls for example
Example gameplay with those tweaks: